Here are our Impact Inspired Launchpad finalists
A big thank you to everyone that applied to our Impact Inspired programme that runs for the next four months. Our applicants came from diverse backgrounds and are at various stages of iteration. Here are those joining us and a bit about their ideas for impact:
- Calyx Investments (Moses Goosen, Samukeliso Tsiye-Molokela, Noluntu Bam) are developing a product called SampLit aimed at getting your products into the right hands.
- Change the World (Mpho Segolela, Jonathan Novotny) is an innovative, hands-on coding program linked to an online platform for curriculum aligned learning projects to be implemented in secondary schools.
- Enlightened Poppy (Isabelle Rorke, Tim Argall) are developing “Ferdinand the last marsh frog”, an animated TV series concept that aims to connect with audiences on multiple platforms under the strategy of transmedia storytelling, exploring ways to raise awareness and encourage positive action towards littering and endangered frog protection.
- Farmacy (Yageshree Moodley) enables direct trade between fresh food producers and consumers, to improve and sustain community well-being.
- GEM Pay (Camilo Ramada, Tebogo Kgethe) is an affordable mobile platform that will allow individuals who were previously unable to open bank accounts due to lack of required documents to deposit and withdraw cash from any South African ATM using their cell phone number as their bank account.
- Green Things Projects (Reitumetse Matla) is a leading Agricultural Development company, operating in the Johannesburg area with the mindset of transforming the landscape of agriculture. They are committed to promoting rural development through skills development and training in agriculture, social development and providing sustainable and efficient services, which will enhance the environment and improve the quality of life of surrounding communities. Learn more.
- Kasi Connect (Nhlamulo Mutileni) plans to connect townships, provide innovation lounges and nurture raw Sci-Tech talent.
- Larkohsanostra (Sihlelesipho Maseko, Luyanda Mthingi) is making tertiary opportunities accessible to young people through ICT.
- Matric Live (Lesego Finger) is an innovative mobile App that aims to help every province achieve the 90% threshold with grade 12 Learners. Learn more.
- Mzanzi Creative (Lufuno Muthubi, Luyanda Mathebula) is a design, tech and creative industry platform that provides those who are underserved or marginalized tangible empowerment opportunities by creating Rural Makers’ Spaces
- Network Action Group (Thembi Sikosi, Brian Ligett) is investing in early childhood – community driven, data informed systematic change. Learn more.
- Sizakhele (Sive Nodada) seeks to bring integrity, clarity and collaboration into the governance of social development by introducing an online, real-time, digital M&E platform with single sign-on capability. Thus introducing automated, personalised, individual data capturing to stakeholder engagement enabling you to master the impact generated.
- Tarka Development Group (David Fourie, Loyiso Gxothiwe) builds on computer technology skills to facilitate learning and earning opportunities for entrepreneurs and the Tarkastad community. Learn more.
- W3CGrowth (pronounced ‘we see growth’) (Thabang Tsotsotso) is a community-based app that connects people with the same or similar interests using the principle of Ubuntu for social enterprises. The 3C’s in the name stands for creative caring collaboration.
- Smart Educator (Tshepo Mongatane) an offline platform to deliver expert math tutorials and unique interactive platform to test knowledge.