BA(Hons) Rhodes; MSc Political Sociology, LSE
Dylan is interested in innovative ways in which the public, private and non-profit sectors can work together to achieve development goals. He has worked with a range of corporates, NGOs, development finance institutions and small businesses to help them understand, measure and improve their social impact.
He has led evaluations of donor-funded projects in healthcare, crime prevention, education and enterprise development. He was responsible for social impact due diligence and reporting on a R350m impact investing fund, and has facilitated training in impact measurement for investors.
Dylan previously served on the steering committee for the Aspen Network for Development Entrepreneurs (ANDE) and the organising committee of the Southern Africa Impact Investing Network (SAIIN). He loves making up stories for his kids and is a terrible guitar player.
Dylan has worked on a range of consulting projects, mainly in the development sector, since 2009, including:
- Conducting a study on the state on impact investing in Africa for E.T. Jackson and Associates as part of a Rockefeller Foundation project. The content from this study is being used to inform a post-graduate course in impact measurement for impact investing.
- Qualitative and quantitative evaluations on behalf of many clients including the Trust for Urban Housing Finance, SightSavers, The Open Society Foundations, AVI, The Hope Factory, Brandhouse, the International Labour Organisation and Rand Mutual Assurance.
- Part of the organising committee for the Southern Africa Impact Investing Network (SAIIN) conference in from 2014 to 2016.
- Facilitating the module on impact measurement as part of the Aspen Network for Development Entrepreneurs (ANDE) Investment Management course.
- Consulting to Cadiz Asset Management on their high impact funds from 2012 to 2015. This included full participation in the due diligence and investment process, developing impact reports, as well as participating in investment pitches to institutional investors.
- Serving on the local steering committee for the Aspen Network for Development Entrepreneurs (ANDE) in 2014.
- Consulting to the African Medicines Impact Investing Fund (AMIIF), including identifying pipeline opportunities, developing a social due diligence process, presenting to potential investors and fund managers.
- Strategic review of the reporting framework for the Zambia Business in Development Facility.